Divine Mercy in the Catholic Religion
The message of Divine Mercy is heavily emphasized at Singapore Catholic Funerals. In fact, some Catholic Churches even have "Divine Mercy" Ministries just for their fellow members. So, what is this Divine Mercy message all about?
It all began in around 1935 when St. Faustina, a Polish Nun had visions of an imminent chastisement to be upon an unnamed city. Helpless, St. Faustina started to pray ceaselessly. Efforts seemed futile until she was in front of the Holy Trinity and heard the words in her mind "Eternal Father, I offer you the body and blood, soul and divinity of your dearly beloved on, our Lord Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins, and those of the whole world; for the sake of his sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.
As she continues to recites the prayer, the Angel was unable to carry out the punishment on the city. It was said that Jesus taught St. Faustina how to pray that particular prayer which saved the city which is now termed the Chaplet of Divine Mercy. Promises are attached to the recitation of this prayer:
- Whoever recites it will have great mercy at the hour of death
- Jesus will stand between God and the dying person as the Merciful Savoir instead of the Just Judge
- Grace will be received from Jesus's infinite mercy
- Prayers will be answered as long as it is within His will
The next question people would naturally ask is how to pray. There is no one fixed way to pray but in general, these are the 10 main elements to the prayer. The 10 different parts are prayed in accordance to the 10 parts of the ordinary rosary beads:
- Make the sign of the Cross and say "In the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit; Amen.
- Opening Prayer (Optional): You expired, Jesus, but the source of life gushed forth for souls and the ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world. O Fount Of Life, unfathomable Divine Mercy, envelop the whole world and empty Yourself out upon us.
- The Lord's Prayer: Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy Kingdom come; Thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.
- The Hail Mary Prayer: Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.
- The Apostle's Creed: I believe in God, the Father Almighty, creator of Heaven and Earth, and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord, who was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontious Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried; He descended into Hell; on the 3rd day, He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from there He will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body and life everlasting. Amen.
- The Eternal Father's Prayer: Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.
- Pray "For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.
- Repeat Step 6 and 7 on the remaining Rosary Beads.
- Complete it with: Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world 3 times.
- Closing Prayer (Optional)
If you need help with the prayers, call us and we will try our best to help.
Let us, your bereavement buddy handle everything from the start till the end of the funeral. Leveraging on over 55 years of experience and heritage, be sure that the final send-off for your loved one would be nothing less than satisfactory. A funeral is a once in a lifetime event; do it right. Call +65 9489 2424 for immediate assistance.
Call Us Now At
+65 9489 2424
for a non-obligatory consultation
Get A Quote Now: